With new technological advancement shaping the face of the earth, business operations and even day-to-day communications have become more inclined towards the digital world
A study shows that the number of mobile app downloads increased from 140.7 billion in 2016 to 204 billion in 2020 The world is going to be more mobile in the future By the end of the year, mobile apps are expected to bring in $189 billion. 2020 seems to be the beginning of the end for mobile platforms.
Business operations are shifting towards the mobile app platforms. It makes sense for businesses to look for an established mobile app development company to build their business app with more than 3.5 billion people using their phones daily. It’s important to develop an app for both platforms because of the majority of the app market being on either platform. It’s important to choose the right cross- platform app development framework nodejs tutorial for your needs.
But why Cross-Platform App Development Frameworks?
The main benefits of cross-platform app development frameworks are listed.
- There are updates that can be rolled out quickly.
- Better Return on Investment
- Cross-platform app development frameworks require less development time.
- It is very effective for marketing.
- Cloud technologies can be used in such hybrid apps.
We can help you choose the right framework. Communication Crafts has developed over 4000+ live apps for clients around the world. From a comprehensive list of cross- platform app development frameworks available, we choose the one which is just right for our client.
The top 7 frameworks for cross platform app development are listed here.
7 best cross-platform app development frameworks
Flutter is an open-source mobile application development SDK that was released by Google. It is a popular cross- platform app development that is suitable for the development of hybrid apps It is a favorite amongst developers because of its ability to work over existing code and use a 2D rendering engine to develop visuals. It is possible to work on the latest interface with portable graphics.
Advantages of Flutter:
- Reduces testing time.
- App development is faster.
- Clear documentation that helps developers code better.
- Easy-to-use UI.
- Provides a wide range of widgets.
Disadvantages of Flutter:
- It is difficult to add features to the app.
- It is difficult to maintain the code over time.
- Flutter apps require large storage.
It’s not an established framework to handle complex projects as of now, but it’s popular for startup and minimum viability projects as it expedites in the development process and is cost- efficient.
The framework is used to develop mobile applications for Windows, iOS, and Android. The developers have to learn C# and.NET to implement it. Developers can use the majority of the code for building an app for the platforms.
Advantages of Xamarin:
- It is easy to maintain a mobile app.
- Performance is as great as a Native app.
- Hardware compatibility problems can be solved with the help of certain software.
- Testing can be done over multiple platforms with the help of Cloud technology.
The time and cost of app development can be reduced with the help of the WORA.
Disadvantages of Xamarin:
- The higher cost of development.
- Limited access to open-source libraries.
It is currently one of the best cross- platform app development platforms because of its amazing aesthetic appeal.
3. React Native:
The famous React Native is a cross- platform app development framework. It is an open-source framework for app development.
Advantages of React Native:
- It is compatible with third-party software.
- Web app development is easy.
- Valuable feedback from the community helps improve the framework.
- It supports WORA. It reduces the development cost.
- It supports the creation of a smooth user experience.
Disadvantages of React Native:
- Compatibility & debugging issues.
- There is a lack of out-of-the-box support for many native app functions.
With 42% of the business market using it, it is one of the most popular cross-platform app development platforms in the market. Hire Dedicated Native Developers!
4. Ionic Framework:
The list of the top cross- platform app development platforms in 2020 is easy to understand. Ionic uses a number of technologies The framework is based on a mobile framework.
Advantages of Ionic:
- A wide range ofUI components help develop robust apps.
- Combined with Angular, it provides great performance.
- Easy to learn.
- Fast prototyping of apps.
Disadvantages of Ionic:
- It is plugin dependent.
- Security-related issues are common.
- The performance is not as good as other frameworks.
The framework allows developers to change the process according to their ideas. It’s the fact that Ionic gives a native feel to the mobile apps that makes it a favorite among the developers. It provides seamless performance across both platforms.
Advantages of PhoneGap:
- There are a lot of device features such asGPS, Camera, Storage, and more.
- It is possible for developers to use the cloud.
- Support for many mobile platforms.
- There is a main code base for different platforms.
Disadvantages of PhoneGap:
- Lack of UI widgets.
- Performance is less compared to other frameworks.
It is easy to build a complete mobile app in the cloud. Many businesses still use this framework.
6. jQuery Mobile:
The framework for app development is called jquery mobile. One of the main benefits of jquery is that it can be used to develop mobile apps and websites which can be run on a wide range of operating systems and devices.
Advantages of jQuery:
- It is SEO friendly.
- Wide range of plugins.
- Developers need to write less code.
Disadvantages of jQuery:
- The developers have to download a large library to use it.
- It is difficult to learn because of abstraction.
- jQuery DOM API’s are outdated.
Businesses love to use it for marketing because it helps create readable dynamic content.
7. Mobile Angular UI:
The app development process can be simplified by combining the two frameworks. You can build apps using the mobile kernUI. It is free to use a cross- platform framework.
Advantages of Mobile Angular UI:
- Two-way data binding reduces the code to be written.
- The Document Object Model allows developers to create rich content for apps.
- Cleaner code & higher scalability.
- Higher performance rate.
- Powerful ecosystem.
Disadvantages of Mobile Angular UI:
- Steep learning curve.
- Challenging to configure the framework.
- Debugging is difficult.
Communication Crafts is a leading app development company that develops mobile apps for clients all around the world. Our teams of experts cater to your app development needs. The best framework for cross- platform app development is what we choose.
With the latest Mobile App monitoring systems, our app developers not only gather in-depth analytic of your mobile app’s performance after it is launched but also help roll out timely updates to make your app performance even better. Every line of code we write for your mobile app is quality assured with the best mobile app developers working in our team. We aim to create interactive mobile apps that your target audience would love. We craft your mobile app in a way that is engaging and cost-effective to help achieve your goals. Our project managers can help you launch your app into the global markets and handle all aspects of your app development step by step. Developing the best mobile app features is what we do.
Get your business mobile app created quickly.